Install Superintendent – Specialized Projects
About Heavy industries
Heavy Industries plans, builds and installs iconic art and unique architecture. Our headquarters in Calgary is a 40,000 square foot facility, hosting state of the art equipment, materials and products that offer the highest level of manufacturing quality. We are industry leaders in tooling, mold-making, CNC technology and VR. Our team of skilled and passionate creative professionals embrace challenges and believe in getting the job done with integrity and accountability.
We amplify creativity. Owners, developers, artists and architects choose us because they know that we will equip them to think bigger, allowing creativity to flow unhindered while providing certainty and clarity through disciplined and iterative processes. We work to build the best strategy and put the right processes in place, so the path ahead is clear and unencumbered.
With our specialized Plan-Build™ process we make complex processes simple and enjoyable. Our clients talk about us often and recommend us because we offer certainty by being there at the beginning, serving as a single point of contact and connecting them with the right people at the right time.
This is a unique opportunity with an established firm and talented team, to be part of the team, completing various high end, specialized projects from concept, initiation and closeout. We seek an experienced Install Superintendent with a minimum of 5-10 years of extensive project portfolio with Senior Level experience in Specialized Complex Projects. This candidate must be highly skilled, passionate creative professional who embraces and believes in getting the job done with integrity and accountability.
Qualifications/Required Knowledge & Skills
- 5-10 years experience directly as an Installation lead/Manager, including supervisory role of supervising up to 15 people.
- 5 years welding / steel fabrication related experience.
- 5-10 years extensive experience at a senior level for reading and understanding Design Plans, including Architectural, Mechanical and Structural drawings.
- CWB experience with the ability to read and interpret plans, CWB sheets.
- 5-10 years experience with installation near or in waterways.
- 10-15 years experience and able to demonstrate the ability to work with cranes and unconventional lifts. Including supervising and participating in rigging and hoisting operations that exceed 50,000 pounds.
- 5-10 years experience working for large general contractors and their site requirements, Artists, Owners, Developers, and Municipal Governments.
- 5-10 years experience with job task planning and organizing
- Intermediate computer literacy, including use of email, viewing PDF files, organizing filing and distribution of information/data.
- Demonstrates the expertise to handle the installation of complex and challenging creative projects ranging in size and scale.
- Demonstrated experience with problem solving, decision-making, and critical thinking
- Outstanding written and verbal communication and exceptional organizational skills on all levels including team members, subcontractors, advisors, consultants and partners/clients.
- Extensive Travel within Canada is required
- Clean drivers abstract (less than 6 demerits) – employment subject to clean drivers abstract.
- 100% adherence to internal COR safety program, including monitoring and training for direct reports and actively participates in the development, and maintenance of the safety culture on the project.
- Ensure site logistics are well planned for safe install of all work.
- Experts at logistical planning, strategizing and prioritizing while working collaboratively to complete projects within tight timelines and rapidly changing environments.
- Must be able to work in an Office and Field environment.
- Must be able to manage the install requirements and team members for multiple ongoing projects and deadlines.
- Micro schedule daily tasks for yourself with regards to trade, material and labor requirements.
- Must be able to create installation plan for review and discussion with Production Manager PRIOR to work commencing.
- Manage the overall coordination and performance of all on-site activities and implements corrective action when necessary;
- Work closely with internal Project Manager (s) to manage and control project costs and schedule. Ensure all changes, revisions and work orders are reviewed with Project Manager (s) and documented accurately.
- Work as a team with Designers, Project Managers, and Clients to ensure plans and specifications are being followed. Identifying potential risks and develop a job plan and all Installation requirements, while proactively evaluating project developments that could affect project profit schedule, costs, client relations, and internal relations.
- Daily updates to Production Manager /Management of site progress, including advising management regarding developments that could affect project profit, schedule, costs, client relations, and internal relations.
- Daily project review with Production Manager of ongoing project progress for scheduling of on-site work, re-align crews to accommodate conditions and work availability.
- Must have unique, proactive problem-solving skills while being aware of safety priorities, budget, and schedule.
- Executes work in accordance with the project quality standards and requirements at ALL levels of the project from concept to completion;
- Ensure all tools/equipment are in working order PRIOR to commencement of work.
- Participate in the physical installation on site.
- Proactively manage site conflicts between, internal and external clients, trades, drawings and construction documents.
Terms of Employment:
- Permanent full time at 40 hours a week. Overtime after 44 hours, paid at time and a half;
- $30.00 to $35.00 per hour, depending on qualifications (wage scale increases based on additional experience). Salary increase is dependent on annual review;
- Benefits include: Benefits include: Extended Medical, Dental, Accidental Death & Disability Insurance, Life Insurance.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please contact us at HeavyCareers@heavyindustries.ca with “Install Superintendent – Specialized Projects” in the subject line.
Thank you very much for taking the time to consider being part of our team. We will review all submissions for this job posting, however we will only contact applicants who have been shortlisted to move into the next stage.