Heavy Industries is seeking a Project Coordinator with significant experience managing the production of unique architectural elements, custom construction projects, or large scale public artworks.
About Heavy Industries
Heavy Industries has been beautifying the built world since 2003. As a custom fabricator based in Calgary, Heavy Industries has manufactured and installed some of Canada’s best known public art sculptures and most complex architectural projects. Through technology, experience, and expertise, Heavy Industries has become a single source for designing, fabricating, and installing sculpture and custom features for artists, architects, and design professionals. In our world, iconic designs and creative places are built without compromise.
- Ensuring every aspect of your projects run efficiently.
- Scheduling of both resources and processes, overseeing the critical path, contingency planning, managing sub-contractors and suppliers, and tight quality control.
- Familiarity with standard processes.
- Identify opportunities for add-ons throughout the project to best meet the client’s expectations.
- We’ll need you to learn our system of project accounting and revenue tracking quickly.
- Must have polished communication skills – both written and verbal.
- We are looking for a candidate who has both leadership qualities and the experience to back it up.
- We’ll need you to be quick with a computer and pick up on the nuances of our production processes quickly.
- We’re also looking for someone who naturally stays on top of what’s happening in the industry so we can continue best-practice benchmarking.
- Completed a post-secondary program.
- Completion of applicable project management courses from a post-secondary institution.
- Several years of experience coordinating projects in a related capacity.
- The ideal candidate will have a background in a related field that would lend itself well to managing Heavy Industries’ projects.
- Knowledge of construction and fabrication processes is critical along with an ability to read drawings.
What is in it for you?
Job Satisfaction: You will get to directly participate in some of Canada’s most interesting (and high -profile) creative construction and art projects.
Job Variation: You will never get bored in this fast-paced environment. Every project is different and every day comes complete with its own unique challenges and problems for you to solve.
Job Opportunity: You will be exposed to opportunities to grow and develop our relatively young business into one of the world’s premiere manufacturing companies. We have not plateaued and do not plan on doing so any time soon.
Culture: You will get to work with fun, dynamic and highly skilled people that are driven to succeed.
Remuneration: You will be paid relative to the experience you bring and your accomplishments; you will be rewarded with company success. You will get plenty of vacation, and be added to our benefits program.
Be able to work in an open office setting
Be able to thrive within a busy working environment to meet scheduled logistics dates
Must ensure you are wearing appropriate PPE dictated by the work conditions (indoor and outdoor)
Be punctual for shifts, flexibility to work overtime and weekends when required
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Project Coordinator” in the subject line.